Yes, I’m copying over some of my favorite posts from previous blogs. Not all of them. Some of them are silly and dated. By some, I mean many. Anyway. I’ve posted this in every blog I’ve had since coming up with it ages ago. Enjoy the fruits of poverty past.
When I was on welfare, I gained an amazing skill of making tasty and filling food on pennies a serving. This is a favorite that’s carried over. It’s easy, it’s fast, it’s filling, and you can feed two people for little more than the cost of a can of soup.
You will need
- one can of vegetable beef soup
- instant mashed potato flakes
- shredded cheese (optional)
- Heat can of soup until boiling
- strain water/broth from the rest of the soup into a bowl
- add instant mashed potato flakes until mashed potato-like
- add the rest of the soup on top of the mashed potatoes
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese
I made it in 5-10 minutes tops. And it is delicious. In a very “this economy is busting my balls- what can I make from what I have in my cupboard” kind of way.